Friday 6 July 2012

Paper, Paper Everywhere...

I love paper. I love card. I love anything that can be cut out, stamped, peeled off and/or stuck onto paper or card. Some people just don't grow out of the childlike pleasure of cutting and pasting. I am one of those people and I make no apologies. There are many of us out there....if you aren't one yourself, you could be living next door to a craftie, or sitting next to one at work...the tall, dark and burly man from the office goes home and uses his special Fiskars paper scissors to cut out snowflakes...

I enjoy making cards mostly, but now and then I'll make a scrapbook, usually as a gift for a friend. I also like making invitations and have done a couple for birthdays and christenings.

For my son's first birthday, I used some fun papers from the Party Animals Collection by Kaisercraft. I wanted something cute, colourful and with a circus or carnival kind of theme. This collection was perfect.



The design was simple, yet effective, with the Tangerine card stock (also by Kaisercraft) being a perfect complement. I added a lime green rhinestone to each corner to give the invitation a little sparkle. The little lion came from a paper within the collection called "Yippee".Because this paper features many different animals, the invitations had great variety and only 2 or 3 sheets were required.

The "Yippee" paper...


Next time I'll show you what I've been doing with the leftover bits and pieces. Nothing goes to waste.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leave a comment. I really appreciate it :) Abs