Thursday 8 November 2012

Happy 10th Birthday!

Welcome back :)

And thank you to all those who have left comments and/or have joined my site recently. I really appreciate it. Spread the word!

Last weekend was my nephew's 10th birthday. Goodness me, time goes fast.... Here's the card I made for him.


Card stock by American Crafts "Denim"
Papers: My Memories # 140044 & Kaisercraft P431 "Volume" from the Rewind range, "Go for Broke" P320 from the Rustic Charm range. 
Grosgrain ribbon by Kaisercraft.
I used navy and silver inks from my stash.
Twine by Hemptique.
Embossing folder "Swiss Dots" by Couture Creations. 



As I was making this card, things got a little messy. I think maybe there was a problem with the quality of the inks (those ones are a little old). As a result, I had ink all over the place - so I decided I would add some more. Boys can be messy so this became the perfect "messy boy" card. 



Lots of inky ribbon, knotted twine and bumpy bits. 


I think he liked it - he was having too much fun at his party really :) 

Don't forget, my etsy store is up and running now - The Little Purple Forest Shop. Take a peek, tell your friends :) I'm hoping to do a few more things soon to stock the shelves. Things tend to start getting busy this time of year with Christmas fast approaching! 

Thanks for stopping by :)

Abs 


7 comments:

  1. Perfect boy card! I love the design of your card and your use of the ribbon and twine. Very fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I've only just started using twine. I'm finding it quite versatile :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way you knotted the twine over the card. It reminds me a bit of that book "There's A Monster at the End of this book." I loved it when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great thing to be reminded of! I loved that book too. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. You know Abs it is hard to get a boy card that doesn't have a Super Hero on it! I love this.
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tan. That is so true...or a truck or motorbike or surfboard etc...I even notice with clothes for Massimo, there's not a lot of plain or plain patterned stuff. It's all logos and numbers and things that really, he can wear later! Wish I could sew!. :) x

      Delete
  4. what a cool way to complete a boys card, this is perfect!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leave a comment. I really appreciate it :) Abs