Thursday 9 August 2012

More Sweet Nothings...

Hi again :)

As mentioned in my previous post, I have been playing around with the "Sweet Nothings" collection by Kaisercraft. My mission was to at some point come up with a "Bride To Be" type of card - or just something pretty that I can give to my friend at her High Tea.

I think I have met the challenge. Take a look...



I have done a couple of these types of designs before - usually either when I have such a pretty collection of papers that I want to use a lot of them right away, or when I have little scraps of paper to use up. In this case it was the former. I just couldn't decide what to do next and with what, so I used a whole bunch of stuff at the same time :)
 I cut a few strips from five different papers in the paper pad, attached one end of these to my base paper, then threaded through more strips in the opposite direction - kind of like a paper lattice.


I used a couple of the "Sweet Nothings" rub-ons, this large flower I placed directly onto the paper lattice. I wasn't sure if it would work out but it's quite effective.


A cute little die cut (included in the paper pad) for the inside.


And a little cupid (from the Collectables) for the front. Pretty and romantic, but not over the top.

I really should get back to finishing my friend's album. Only three pages to go! Whoo hoo! We'll see what sort of motivation goes where :)

Thanks for stopping by

Abs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leave a comment. I really appreciate it :) Abs